In 2010, the expansion of the ranch was evident with a growing resident waiting list and the lack of opportunities and options for adults with disabilities and their families. Thus, SKR developed the vocational day program due to the calling to support more members of our community. Participants enrolled in the day program partake in one or more of the six vocational programs on site. Products are sold by more than 40 vendors throughout Montana and contribute to the SKR budget.
Most importantly, through working on the ranch, individuals are learning, experiencing comradery, and boosting confidence and morale. SKR Day Program has been instrumental in the lives of candidates, their families, residents and staff.
- Potential candidates for the SKR Day Program tour the ranch and complete an application
- Must be 18 years or older
- Transportation to and from the ranch is provided with a designated meeting site
- Lunch is provided
- The program is Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Flexible scheduling available
- Program cost is $45 half day or $60 full day
- Ranchers participate in one or more of the following six vocational programs: Bedding plants, livestock, rescued and reborn, service contracts, produce, and native seed and seedlings.
- Participants are invited to the SKR extracurricular activities including Special Olympics, Open House, Fundraising Dinner, skiing, bowling, dances and much more!